CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, March 31, 2008

Tornado Warning!

Tornado warnings are not fun.  Though one was not spotted or anything in Burleson.  We did have a warning, while it was time for elementary school to let out.  So the boys and I were already in the car at the school waiting in line when they issued the warning.  It started pouring down rain and hail the size of dimes, I was trying to find cover for the boys and I.  I drove down the road to our bank with my husband on the phone.  The banks lobby closes at 3, it was 3:22.  I figured I would try anyway.  So in the pouring rain, I rain out to the doors while the boys were still in the car, two seconds later I arrived back in the car, the doors were locked, and I was soaked.  So I drove to the Health South buliding behind the bank.  The hail was so bad, I opened the boys door and it hit them both in the faces.  We decided to stay in the car and ride it out --- Scary.  The hail was coming down hard hard and I felt helpless.  Luckily it let up a little bit later and we were able to go back to the school and pick Julie up finally at 4 pm.    I don't like feeling like that at all!!!  

0 comments: