CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, May 18, 2008

Mother and Daughter relationship

Tonight was very special to me.  Julie and I are becoming closer and closer.  It's so awesome to have the blessing of a daughter.  She is the only other female in our house.  I understand when she is emotional, and she understand when I am emotional.  She always gives me a hug just at the right time of the day.  We had our first meeting and practice with our All Star team tonight.  We are coaching the B team this year and have some great girls.  The other parents came up with the name Diamond Bratz.  I don't really care too much for the Bratz part but it'll work.  We will be doing fundraising because this whole thing is self funded.  Things from garage sales to Rangers ticket sales to beef jerk sales and of course the standing in front of walmart.  Family and Friend donations are also accepted.  : ) Love you guys you read this!   Julie's nickname is Sassy.  So I get to have a shirt that says Sassy's Momma!  I asked Larry if he was going to get one that said Dad #2, lol.  He said no I think Richard and I will get Coach Richard and Coach Larry.  LOL.  I told him I could get on my shirt Sassys Momma, followed by Coach #1 wife, and Coach #2 ex wife.  Just kidding.  PWT.    Anyway back to tonight.  Larry went to help a friend of ours from church with his remodeling and move some Plumbing.  So it was just me and the kids after softball practice.  We took baths and did our normal bedtime routine.  Julie was the last to go to bed.  She is so silly.   She read part of a book to me.  Now that she has a queen size bed I can hang out with her on it.  We just talked about softball and the fun tournaments coming up, talked about how you can still be a Christian even if you have tattoos ( a boy at school told her it's in the bible, if you have a tattoo then you do not believe in God).  We laughed so hard.  Reminded me of elementary school with Stef.  She would laugh then I would laugh even harder, until I cried or snorted.  We prayed and I sung "the songs" to her.  Then about 20 minutes later she came back out, her throat hurt and evidently we needed to share some cookies and milk ; )   She's a sleep now.  My goodness she's growing up so much.  God has truly blessed me with her in my life.  She amazes me every single day.  Thank you Lord Jesus for being in control of my life and blessing everyone for knowing Julie Ann. 


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just came across your post looking for Bratz dolls things for a birthday party (I like the name Diamond Bratz it's cute! :)) Just wanted to say your post was really wonderful :) Hope all moms have nice times like this with their daughters.

GloryandGrace said...

FINALLY got you on my sidebar :) I agree, not wild about the "Bratz" name, but I love this post about you and Julie! So sweet and I know that you savor every moment and memory you have :)

jennypen said...

This is precious, Carissa. I look forward to similar joys. Thanks for the idea about the letter from Olivia.