CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Turning it over to the Lord

Giving it all to God.  That is the only way I can even being to handle all the things that come along in life.    But why is that so hard for me as a human being to do?  I mean I can't just hand them to him and then walk around like everything is going to be alright.  What do I do after I give it to him?  Listen.  Wow, if we all would just listen.  I guess my children haven't been listening to me very well.  Maybe that's how God feels about me, that I haven't been listening to him very well.  I need to make time to spend with him.  I feel like my day just happens to me and it's 11 p.m. before I realize it and time to go to sleep.   I've been working hard on getting things done around the house before the children wake up and while Cody takes a nap.  But there are so many things to get done, so many things I have on my mind to do that didn't get done that day.  Work and home are one in the same.    It's hard to explain the emotions I'm going through right now.  Things are very good with my marriage, the relationship between my husband and I.  But it's all those other things that aren't working so well.  Which is a problem I haven't had too much before, before it was always a problem with the people in the marriage and all the other stuff was fine- well tolerable anyway.    I have a wonderful husband and Jesus on my side - now how to make the other stuff work?  

The economy is slowing and that means business is slow and hard to find.  We put an ad in the newspaper but that hasn't gotten one call in the month we have had it in there.  We list on craigslist and that has worked the best but calls are all over the place.  Adverting in the newspaper is EXPENSIVE.  

A prayer from my mom in an email this morning " Father, I thank you that you are concerned about everything that concerns us - Lord I ask for an extra measure of blessing for Carissa and Larry - Lord, they are good parents, and love you so much - Father you are the "Way Maker" and right now we ask you to make a way where there seems to be no way please - we need the mortgage by thursday so we put it in your hands! 

1 comments:

Stephanie Robertson said...

Carissa,

If there's anything that I've learned in the past 4 years, it's that the Lord WILL provide. Even in times of financial struggle, the Lord provides. I know it's so hard to trust... if you give me your email address, I have a particular story about how God used our financial struggle to bless us beyond measure...